Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day





This was the first time that I worked with homemade fondant... let me tell you... it's WAY more difficult to work with then the store bought. But it tastes SO much better! I finally got the hang of it towards the end. Now, this cake has some issues. (hence why I'm not ready to let anyone pay for a cake yet!) I only have this old little round cake pan right now and it hasn't been cooking my cakes very well. The bottom of the cakes also turned out really lumpy and weird so that's why you can see waves in the fondant. This cake might look a little bit weird too because I wanted to try out a bunch of different ideas. The cake is a fudge ripple. And the frosting is a cream cheese buttercream forsting. I also used Marshmellow Fondant! This cake took about 4 hours to complete! Even though the cake was frumpy most of the elements turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment