Saturday, February 21, 2009

Finished Product!




Ok, it's 11 and I am extremely tired but I needed to post pictures up of the cake that I am most proud of thus far!! The black fondant gave me a HUGE fight. I rolled it out the first time and it just cracked and fell apart all over the cake. So, I throw that away and had to color a whole new ball totally black. I think that once I got to much coloring in it, it just wouldn't hold together. It would just crumble! So, the bottom of the cake was pretty ghetto! BUT I didn't take any pictures of that:) Once I felt like I could repair the horrible spots, I got really excited!!

9 comments:

  1. That is such a fabulous cake!! You are quite talented. I just wish you lived close enough to practice with us. I would love to try them. Yum! It seriously looks awesome. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I freakin LOVE that cake! Pink and brown are my FaVoRiTe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes are absolutely fabulous Brit! I'm jealous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! That is a great cake!! It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake looks beautiful! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great. What kind of fondant do you use? I have experimented a little with a home made one but it only turned out ok. Also did you use the fondant for the bows and if so how long did you dry them so that they wouldn't fall and go flat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I did make my own fondant. It tastes tons better than store bought. I did use the fondant for the bows. If you use store bought fondant it dries alot better and gets really hard but the home made doesn't end up as hard. They have to dry at least for over night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brittney, I wish we lived closer. We should come up for Cannon's birthday in April. Start thinking of Transformers or Starwars theme. :-D We're amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I've noticed that you've been looking at my blog. Thanks!! You're welcome anytime! You also look familiar! Have I meet you somewhere?

    This cake is gorgeous!! You did a fantastic job on it. Black fondant gives me problems too! I have to make batches of just black and add the black coloring to the liquid when I make my fondant.

    Anyway keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete